Thursday, August 15, 2019

Suitcase Packin' Game

¡Hola! Well first off this is my last week in Mexico and my last P-day here at the CCM!!! It has been crazy here. I was called as the Assistant Travel Leader to get 16 Elders to Argentina!!! Flying with all your crap for 2 years is so freakin hard! Trying to get weight for everything is also hard but we all are working together so none of us need to pay extra! The fee for extra weight is $250 and our carry-ons can only be 17 pounds!

This last week we have been learning about different ways to teach different topics and utilize the Preach My Gospel to develop stronger and more meaningful questions for more investigators. Me and Elder Fuge did a killer job with our Mock Skype Calls. So ya.... it’s been fun. Jaja 

District 5A is ready to get down to business in Argentina and get working. The Boeing 737 down to Argentina will be the Party Plane with a bunch of Missionaries!!! 

This week hasn't been too exciting besides getting everyone's suitcases to weight and just packing but I’d love to end with a Spiritual thought. 

This Last week we have been talking about being the best missionary. I know most of you are not full-time missionaries but anyways. I have found the more we serve the more peace we have in our lives. I was teaching a lesson with Elder Fuge and we asked the question of "What do you feel when you follow through with our commitments?" and she has said Paz y Gozo = peace and joy. 

I know the more we put in to our relationship with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and his children we can feel more Paz y gozo in our lives and recognize the blessings they have given us. Continue to work hard and I want you all to know I love you all and thank you for being great examples to me!!!

Te amo, Elder Hadley 



Saying Goodbye Picture with our teacher Hermana Benavides
District 5A


Starting to say goodbye to my Cooking Bros!


There is a crazy statue that anyone who has served at the Mexico CCM has seen this and it is on the outside of the walls. You can't miss it! I wanted to take a picture of it before I left and this week Mexico decided they were going to start building right in front of it!  So I got my buddies to pose for me and below is a picture of the statue that Elder Davis, another missionary going to my mission, took a few weeks ago.   Enjoy!



Last Package to get me through the last week of CCM!

Mom Note:  The company in Mexico that we have used to send treats has not been able to get or find Mountain Dew Code Red for 3 weeks.  I emailed the company the first week asking if they would get more.  They responded that Elder Hadley also had been asking them for it and they have been searching all over Mexico City for it.
During Elder Hadley last week I received an email that they had found 8 cans of Code Red in Mexico City and they had just given all of them to Elder Hadley! Bless the people of Mexico for watching out for our Elder! πŸ˜‚


Pouring Buckets of Rain!


Happy Birthday Elder Fuge!
I gave him one of my Dr. Peppers 😁
 


Let the Packing Party Begin!


This picture is for Elder Mesake!
It means "Die for Tonga" a Rugby Term πŸ‘Š


Goodbye Mexico City CCM!


All the countries represented in the CCM!


The Argentina Flag!


Mom Note: This picture was from our monitor on our flight to Florida!
It was fun to see Mexico City on the map!

This email was written on August 15th while we were in Disney World and it also happened to be my birthday!  It was a great day to receive pictures and an email on his last P-Day in the CCM!

Later in the day after Fireworks in front of Cinderella's Castle Parker video called us to wish me a Happy Birthday and our whole family was able to speak with him in Gaston's Tavern in the Magic Kingdom!  Parker enjoyed showing all of Gaston's Antlers on the walls to the other missionaries!  Such a fun memory and the best birthday present ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment