Monday, March 9, 2020

Learning in my Youth

¡Hola! ¿Como andan? Espero que todo está bien en Los Estados Unidos! (I hope everything is fine in United States) This last week was another very hot and humid week, but I got a good feeling it is gonna start cooling down in the next 2 weeks. 

We unfortunately didn't have any baptisms this week but are planning to have one maybe two this next Sunday! It is super exciting to see people leave their worldly addictions and move to a better path full of light, which is of Christ.

We all know how much Elder Hadley loves the construction service projects so this last week we helped another "Newly Wed" Couple lay the foundation to their house... on the roof of the "In-laws" Jaja it was fun! 

Friday was the pre-service project hauling gravel up to do some of the columns and then Saturday we did the "Roof/Floor" of the house! Lots of work for sure but I love helping out where I know I can.

Time flies in the mission Jaja, I laugh because before my mission when I read other missionary’s emails and they would talk about how quickly the time goes they weren’t joking! When I started out in the field, I thought very funny but today is my 8-month mark already!! I just finished my 6th transfer and knowing that halfway is right around the corner, I realize how much more work I have to do, but with the time the Lord has given me it is important for me to stay focused and dedicated all the time. 

In my studies this last week I came across a scripture that stood out to me. Alma 37:33-35 hits it home for me. 

33 Preach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly in heart; teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls.
35 O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.

I related when Alma is telling Helaman to learn from the wisdom in his youth, to always keep the commandments of God.

Down here I see the small things that I learned in my youth. Sort of like I've been studying my whole life and know that for these 2 years, this is that test. You want to do your best right now; but like I have said in the past that after two years, it doesn't change. 

Yes, I won't be going door to door clapping my hands and asking if they would like to join His church by getting baptized; but by keeping myself on that Straight and Narrow path I know that He will guide me. Without that Guidance of the Holy Spirit we are lost. 

I now would like to challenge you all to obtain that Spirit. If you don't have it right now, get it! I promise you all that with the Spirit and the Holy Scriptures we have and ACT on it, we can be Happy! 

Love you all and hope March Madness is staying alive!

Les amo mucho,
Elder Hadley 

(Hang Loose!!!)   

Gravel Logistics to the second level

One, Two, Three Pull!

Starting to lay the foundation

Elder Marino Posing

Our Work Station




Where I stood for 5-6 hours lifting buckets of rock, sand, and 100 pound bags of cement

Elder Hadley at his station

A selfie of Elder Marino and me

Hermano Ezequiel who is in the Elder's Quorum and Elder Hadley









The Finished Project!



Mom Note: This is our neighbor and Parker's buddy Carter! Parker would drive Carter to and from school last year at Farmington High School!

A couple of weeks ago Parker asked me to do a favor for him, he asked me to go buy a very very hard puzzle with many pieces and give it to Carter and tell him it was from Elder Hadley. We had no idea that Carter liked puzzles.

Each day when Parker would pick Carter up at his classroom he was always working on a big puzzle. When we bought this to Carter he was so excited and starting clapping and jumping up and down. He was so excited to receive a new puzzle and he instantly wanted to talk to Parker to tell him thank you!

It was a very special moment and we felt privileged to experience this through Parker! As you can see Carter finished his puzzle in record time and we were able to send this picture to Elder Hadley this week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment